News & Media
Pemberton nominated for two awards by Private Debt Investor
We are delighted to announce that we have been nominated for two prestigious awards by Private Debt Investor, one of the most prominent media outlets covering news in the global private debt industry.
- Global Fund Manager of The Year. PDI has recognised the progress Pemberton has made in the past two years in building a unique private debt platform across Europe. We believe we now have one of the largest direct lending teams in Europe operating out of 5 locations. With our focus on sponsor and private company debt, we have been able to build strong partnerships with the leading European banks, giving us access to an attractive and diversified deal flow. It is a privilege to be nominated for this award at this point in our development, alongside GSO, Oaktree and Lone Star, and it is a recognition of the strong support we have received from Investors around the world.
- Fundraising of The Year. This recognises the €1.2 billion of commitments for our European Mid-Market Debt Fund, which is one of the largest closes for an inaugural direct lending fund in Europe. We recognise that this could not have been achieved without the support of many of you, and we would like to express our gratitude again for the time you have all given to Pemberton in 2016.
We would be very grateful if you express your support by taking a minute of your time to vote for us using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PDI-awards-16
The closing date for nominations is 5th January 2017.
The nomination for these prestigious awards, after winning Global Newcomer of the Year at this year’s awards, comes at the end of another very exciting year for Pemberton in which we have achieved a number of notable milestones, including:
- Raising €1.2 billion for our inaugural European Mid-Market Debt Fund
- Deploying over 45% of this Fund in senior debt investments with a balanced mix of corporate and PE sponsor deals
- Launching our second fund, the UK Mid-Market Direct Lending Fund targeting £500m
- Continuing expansion of the team with amongst others, the appointments of Nicole Gates from GE Capital and Ben Gulliver from ANZ and RBS.